Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 1, 2008

That Karma, she's a real bitch....

12/1/2008

So, I got a text message yesterday morning from a wholesaler friend of mine that said, "Holy shit- look at the front page of the St. Pete Times!"

I don't know if you guys remember that deal I wrote about earlier in the year where my buyer backed out the day of closing (not the Slim Shady deal- another one). I met this buyer at his title company to pick up his cashier's check for the deposit, and we sat in the lobby and chatted for a half hour or so. He ended up backing out of the deal about an hour before closing. A few weeks later, I was working on another deal and a friend of mine told me he had a buyer for it. Turns out, his buyer was the same guy who left me hanging a few weeks prior, so I told this other wholesaler what happened and that I wasn't interested in doing business with him. Instead of just admitting what he had done, this guy proceeds to tell the other wholesaler that I am lying, that he has never met me before in his life (I shook his freakin hand 2 weeks ago, for Pete's sake), and that I was making the whole story up. Nice, huh?

I hope he put some of those millions away for legal expenses, cause it looks like he's gonna need it...

4 comments:

jasonhh said...

Fun stuff.
Swell guy, no doubt.

Steph said...

Yeah- a real stand-up kind of guy.

Shae said...

Unreal Steph. I swear some folks give investors a bad name. You can't run your business with zero integrity and expect to get away with it forever. Glad your dealings with him fell apart!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't get caught up in that mess Steph! What a bunch of BS. That same thing happened to a guy here last year and I think he is sitting in jail now. Serves his ass right! No pun intended. :)