Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Goals, Offers, and Drago. And Stuff.

1/5/2009

Man, I was productive today!

Up at 6am and in the gym by 7am.

By the time noon rolled around, I had already run 4 miles, looked at 3 houses, and made 3 offers.

Nice.

If I can keep this routine up all year long, I am going to do some serious damage in 2009... Actually, let me rephrase that.....I WILL KEEP THIS ROUTINE UP, AND I WILL DO SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE IN 2009. That's what I meant.

It dawned on me over the weekend that I really don't have to do all that much work to make a very nice living. This epiphany came about as I was looking at the amount of offers I made in 2008 (I keep track of them in a spreadsheet), and then comparing that number to the amount of deals I did..... I made 283 offers and closed 19 deals. That might seem like a lot of offers, but when you break it down by the number of days in the year... IT'S NOT EVEN AN OFFER A DAY! That is pathetic.

Soooooo....my goal (one of them) for 2009, is to make a minimum of 3 offers/day, every day. This is an easily attainable goal, and should result in at least a doubling of my income. I did OK monetarily in 2008- I made more money than I have ever made in 1 year (although that is not really saying too much), but it's nowhere near where I want to be- I know I can do much better...

My confidence level right now, compared to what it was at this time last year (I hadn't even closed an REO deal yet).... is like night and day. Last year at this time, I was "hoping" to kick some REO ass, and this year, I KNOW that I am going to kick some REO ass. There has been a lot of work between the hoping and the knowing, but it damn sure feels good to be here...

Roger Dodger. 10-4, Over and Out.

P.S.
I'm having a Rocky marathon tonight...


Drago. That Russian mothe***cker.

10 comments:

Christian Marie said...

Good for you Steph! You continue to inspire me to get off my ass and actually DO something. These last few years have been about me battling intertia and this year I vow, no more!

http://wonderlandchron.blogspot.com/

Steph said...

Glad to hear it!

It's very difficult to get the ball rolling, but once you do- things become so much easier...

Happy New Year to you, WC, and here's looking to a fabulous 2009 for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph--

Happy New Year! I am excited to hear that you are pursuing new and bigger goals this year -- here's to kicking ass!

Best,
Alison

Chris said...

Looks like that would get you 73 deals this year. That would be sweeeet! What are your other goals for 2009 besides the 3 offers/day?

Chris
http://www.theindywholesaler.com

Steph said...

73 deals. That would certainly keep me busy..

I'm going to write a post about my goals for '09. I know I'm a little late, but I'm still working on them. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep going Steph! I remember reading your blog way back when and am so glad to see your confidence so frickin high! GO STEPH GO!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Holla Steph,

Good Job... I remember our lunch in Balitmore with Craig and you are in a much different and better place now... I like the idea of three offers a day, its good to have a target. I like it so much that I have gone up to 5 a day, (don't worry your killing me on the running thing) but I am slowing down on the commercials I run-Too Much Work:) Keep it up--

Steph said...

Wow, 5 a day, huh?

I know I would never keep up with that many, so I figured I'd be a sissy and stick w 3. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Steph. Would you mind updating the date on your blog to move from 2008 to 2009?

Great to see how well you did this past year. We are all proud of you!!!

Steph said...

Oh crap!

Thanks for pointing that out!

I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure it out on my own. Probably sometime in July. :)