Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 18, 2008

There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

7/18/2008

Well, the deal I have with McHotterson that is supposed to close on the 24th, is most likely not going to close on the 24th. Even though I get to pick my own title company, the bank still has their (incompetent) title company run a lien search. I really don't even understand it at all, to be quite honest with you. My title company already did the title work and is ready to close, but I guess I am still at the mercy of Watson fucking Title. I really hate them, and the lady I spoke to today deserves to be punched in the face for how RUDE she was to me. I'm not kidding, this lady was such an asshole, I almost hung up on her. The lady handling the file at my title company also spoke to her and told me she bit her head off when she tried to get a closing date out of her. They haven't even ordered the lien search yet, which takes them 5-10 days, so who knows if we will even get this closed this month. McHotterson ain't gonna be too happy, especially since he is leaving the country for a month the first week of August, and I already told him we could most likely close it early. Dang.

Yesterday I had a little get together with a bunch of local wholesalers. I won lunch for 15 people at the Thai restaurant behind where I live, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to do some networking. Actually, it wasn't really a "free" lunch, as we had to sit through a presentation by a financial planner, and then offer up our phone numbers and email addresses. A few hours after the lunch I got a call from the guy who did the presentation, and got trapped on the phone with him for 15 minutes, and somehow suckered into a meeting with him next week. I should have just told him I wasn't interested, but I'm really bad at rejecting people face to face (or on the phone). Also, I felt sorry for this guy, as he seemed really uncomfortable giving the presentation, and I kind of felt like I owed him something since he paid for lunch. Yes, I know, I am a big fat SUCKER.

A friend of mine called me a little bit ago and told me to go out on my balcony and check out the moon. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was pretty cool in person- all yellow and glow-y......



Happy Friday!

3 comments:

B said...

Is this the Watson Title that's part of Watson Realty all over FL?

I had a deal I was trying to put together 4 years ago in Orlando. Watson agent demanded I be pre-qualified by THEIR Watson LO....so I went to their mortgage office. Met what had to be the WORST woman I've encountered in years. Really.

A bloated woman w/ a beehive hairdo, little granny glasses and a pretty noticeable mustache - sort of a 'Satanic Aunt Bea' --- she was completely obnoxious. I excused myself to use the restroom and just walked out.

....maybe the woman I had then, transferred to Title work :-)

Steph said...

Hi Bruce,

I don't think there is any affiliation between the two. :)

Anonymous said...

The views from your apartment must be spectacular. This being just one of them.