Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Easy Come, Easy Go.

7/6/09

So I had a dream last night that my buyer for the property that I just got under contract, backed out.

I called him first thing this morning to set up a time to meet and get everything signed, and he told me he does not want to move forward with the deal any longer.

Yay!

The house comes with an adjacent lot, and he was under the impression that the lot was buildable, and apparently it isn't. This is a deal breaker for him, unfortunately.

So now I have to find another buyer, which I'm fairly confident I can do, but I'm still pretty irritated about the situation. I was planning on setting aside this entire week to finish up my ebook, but now it looks like I'll also be marketing for another buyer.

Oh well.

I should know better by now than to count on a deal closing until I actually have the funds in my bank account. Even if you're sitting at the closing table, with all of the documents signed, and your buyer is sitting across from you with a cashier's check for the purchase, things can still go wrong.

Gotta love this business!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that, Steph, but I'm sure you'll find another buyer (and maybe for more money).

Looking forward the the ebook!

Ray

Steph said...

Thanks Ray.

I've got another guy that's pretty interested that looked at it today. Hopefully I'll get a contract from him tomorrow. :)

I.B.A.S. said...

That last paragraph Steph was a mouth full! I have been to the closing table with a buyer and at the last minute they decided they did not want to close on the deal! So unless you have a check in your hand you don't have a successful deal closed.

Steph said...

Yup. You just never know what's gonna happen.

At least it keeps me on my toes.

Anonymous said...

Great blog simple and hey investing looks like a breeze I love it! Thanks for sharing

Alex Rodriguez said...

Sorry to hear about it, Steph. Wish you the best with the new guy!

Shae said...

Steph, I fully expect a blog post today that says you have it under contract with another buyer. And isn't funny how dreams work? Talk to you later today.

Steph said...

Hi Shae,

It's kind of spooky how often I dream things and then they come true. I think I have a touch of the ESP. :)

Steph

Unknown said...

I like your confidence in finding another buyer despite this guy backing out. It shows your complete mastery of the business Steph.

Jodi Quinn said...

That sucks, Steph. But I just don't worry about you. :)

Steph said...

Thanks for the vote(s)of confidence guys/gals.

I'm supposed to meet the new buyer @ 11 to get a deposit and sign the contract. He just called to confirm, so it's looking pretty good. Woohoo!

I'll keep you posted. Hehe. Pun intended. :)

mobilehomegurl said...

Hi Steph! Just reading your post, I've gotta tell you - my dreams have been nightmares! Usually, it always has something to do with the weather too - I get freaked out the day before a closing thinking the roof is going to collapse, or water getting into a house (if it's raining) or a tornado blowing it away...it sounds crazy but I go through it all the time! I don't get much sleep before closings...I'm sure you'll get this tied up w/a new buyer - a deal is a deal! Keep up the good work! :)