Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Kidding About That Check You Thought You Were Getting Today. Hardy Har Har

12/17/2008

Ahhhhhh.. These REOs. They are so much fun. So much dang fun I don't know what to do with myself sometimes..

So, the deal that was supposed to close Monday, that they moved to today, that I am closing at my buyer's title company because he doesn't have an ID......well, that is quasi-closed. And by quasi-closed, I mean that all of the docs are signed, and my buyer's funds (see below) are in escrow at his title company......BUT.....the stupid freaking seller has not sent the deed package to their title company yet, and my buyer's title company will not release his funds until they get a copy of the signed deed from the bank's title company (this could take years).

YAAAAAY!!

My favorite thing in the world is going to a closing and then leaving without getting paid. LOVE IT. This is the second time in a month that I have gone to closing, signed docs, and then walked out without a check. This really irritates the living crap out of me.

I think, perhaps, that the Universe is trying to teach me to be patient.

The Universe can kiss my ass.

P.S.
My sans-ID-buyer brought $25,000 CASH to closing today. No, I'm not kidding. 25k in cold hard cash. Thought about taking a picture, but I didn't think it would go over too well.

12 comments:

Shae said...

Wow...I can't believe he brought that much cash to the closing. But then again, he has no ID. Who IS this guy?!?!

Steph said...

I don't know, Shae, but when I shook his hand, I checked to see if his fingerprints were melted off (as Jasonhh suggested), and they were not.

I'm a pretty good judge of character, and he doesn't scare me at all now that I've met him in person (I had only talked to him on the phone before today)... but there's got to be something going on if he has no ID and pays for everything in cash.

I'd rather not know.

jasonhh said...

Fingerprints? Anyone?
Can you say "laundering for someone that creates a deviated septum"?

I kid, I kid.

Steph said...

Stop being so skeptical, Jason. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for all of this.

I'll get back to you when I come up with one.

Shae said...

Hilarious. One day the story will come out. I can't wait to hear it :)

Steph said...

Hehe.

Let's just hope it doesn't involve me taking a dive in the Hillsborough River wearing a new pair of cement shoes.

Unknown said...

I wonder of the banker takes you to a private room to count the cash out for you. I'm sure they don't do it at the teller window in front of an audience.

And was it in a sleek metal suitcase?

Steph said...

I don't think this money came from the bank. I'm guessing it came from a closet. Or a safe in a closet. Or something like that.

Not sure what is was in to begin with, but when I got to the closing, it was spread all over the place on the closing table.

I soooooo wish I would have taken a picture.

Taylor said...

Two words for you Steph- Camera Phone. I would love to see that kind of cash laid out on the table.

In fact, I'd like to see that kind of money laid out on MY table... right?

Also, thanks for posting your blog this year. It has been a real boost to me to see you work your butt off and struggle and see the rewards start to come in. I hope you realize the strength you are to all of us who check your blog for updates every day. It's awesome.

Here's to a better 2009 for all of us. If you keep cashing checks every week, I might join you in REO land!

Cheers,
Taylor

Shae said...

I believe Taylor hit the nail on the head, Steph! You are definitely a strength and inspiration to all your blog readers including me. Thanks and here's to a prosperous 2009!

Steph said...

Awww. Thanks guys.

That means a lot to me.

I say we all kick some serious a$$ in 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Steph i close a deal in oct like that my end buyer wired his money to the title co for closing, i signed documents etc, but left the closing with no check. Deal did not offically close until the next week.

Lori_nj