Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

5/23/2009

Holy crap, can you believe that shot by Lebron last night? I almost peed my pants. Here it is in case you missed it..



GO CAVS!!

I got an offer accepted yesterday on a short sale that was just approved. It was listed for 49.9k, I offered 35k and they ended up taking 39.5k. Murphy thinks he has a buyer for 49k, so we'll split it 50/50 if his buyer takes it. I'm not sure if my title company will do a simultaneous close on a short sale, so I may have to bring cash to closing on this one. I'll have to find that out on Tuesday.

Tomorrow I'm going out bright and early and dropping a bandit sign bomb in the neighborhood where this deal is. I need some new buyers in this area, and nothing does the trick like going on a sign Ninja mission. I've got 25 signs all written up and ready to go. I planned on putting them out this morning, but I decided to sleep in instead. It's a holiday weekend after all, so I figured, what the heck.

Today I'll be doing some research on the mls to see who is buying what, and for how much, and then I'm going to read this blog from beginning to end. Someone sent me a link to it earlier, and I am intrigued. This girl is pretty much living my dream, and I hope to follow in her footsteps sometime in the near future...

Have a great weekend Blogosphere!

P.S.
The French Open starts tomorrow-GO R-FED!

14 comments:

Shae said...

Steph, that shot by King James was RIDICULOUS! Have a good weekend and happy buyer hunting :-)

Steph said...

Yeah, it was unbelievable- Michael Jordan-esque!

Hope you get a sunny weekend down there- it actually stopped raining here, finally. :)

Jeff Cooley said...

Quick question. I have a deal from a wholesaler that I can sell to my Cash Buyer. What is the cleanest, best way to do this without giving my buyer to this other wholesaler? I like your blog and I read every post.
this would be my first deal. Thanks Jeff

Steph said...

Hi Jeff,

If it's not an REO, you can have the other wholesaler assign the contract to you, and then you can assign it to your buyer.

Thanks for stopping by,
Steph:)

Anonymous said...

So it is possible for a bank to accept a price lower then the BPO on a short-sale huh? I had always thought the price on a short-sale was always set in stone and not negotiable. Congrtas

Steph said...

Thanks Anon.

I don't know much about short sales- I just made an offer on this one after seeing it in mls and they happened to take it.

Steph

Brian said...

Hey, Steph. I saw that you wrote somewhere on flippinghomes.com that you made 117 offers before getting one accepted. What has changed since then? Is it a better understaning of your market that allows you to get many more offers accepted?

Thanks.
Brian

Steph said...

Hi Brian,

Yes, that is it exactly.

When I was first starting out, I was just throwing offers at the wall without having a clue what I was doing or where I needed to be at price-wise.

It's 20x easier once you get to know your market and know what your buyers are looking for.

Steph

Renee said...

Steph, I do the same thing you do in South Florida (Broward County). I need some advice on bandit signs. I see where you put out tons of signs and would like to know the following:

1. Where do you put them (near the properties, by busy intersections etc.)?
2. Do you have help with putting them out?
3. How long do you let them stay out (cause most cities here prohibit them)?
4. How long does it take you to put them out?
5. Which days of the week do you put them out (cause most cities here prohibit them)?

Thanks for taking the time to answer and thanks for your blog because you are a real example of the possibilities!

Steph said...

Hi Renee,

I put the signs all over the neighborhoods where the houses are located- intersections, stop signs, etc.

I put them out myself while I am out looking at houses, takes me about 30-45 minutes to put out 25.

I try to put out 50-70/week. No specific days, but I like to do it early before there are people out loitering in the streets (I work mostly in the hood).

I've never had a problem with code enforcement, and am not even sure if they are prohibited here. A lot of wholesalers here use them, so they are all over the place.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for stopping by,
Steph

Renee said...

Thanks very much for the response. I put out 20 signs Friday evening and went to pick them up Sunday. I only found around 4 of them...lol...i got a few calls though but am still waiting on an offer...

Have a great week!

Shae said...

Hey Renee, I'm in Broward county too. At least you recovered a few of those bandit signs! Typically we're able to recover 40-50% of our signs by Sunday evening but it depends on the city! For example, in the city of Sunrise they don't play! We can put signs up on Friday night and by Saturday morning they are GONE! They pay people to remove the signs over the weekend. We never received calls/complaints about them...they just remove them and call it a day.

Renee said...

Thanks for that...i take it u r a wholesaler too. We can market each others deals if you'd like...u can send me an email at properties@du-wall.com or u can post your email address. Hopefully we can do some business together.

Take care and have a great week!

Shae said...

Sounds good, Renee - just sent you an email. Let's chat.