Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Accountability Monday/Tuesday, Last Minute Road trips, and Stuff

5/26/2009

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I got a lot of work done, and managed to get in a little play, too.

My sister called me a few days ago to tell me she and her husband and my nephew are going to be renting a condo on the beach in Destin, FL, so I decided that I'm going to drive up tomorrow and stay for a few days. I've never been to the panhandle of FL, but I've heard that it's one of the prettiest parts of the state, and the beaches are supposed to be beautiful also. It's a 6 hour drive up there (I think), which I'm actually looking forward to. I love me some road trips! I just got James Ray's Harmonic Wealth (on cds), so I'll be listening to those on the way. Oh, and rumor has it that there's six, good-looking, 30-ish year old guys that are renting the condo next to my sister's. So that's a bonus. Hehe.

I was going to put up an Accountability Monday post yesterday, but I figured everyone was probably out celebrating the holiday, so I figured I would wait until today. I hope everyone is doing well with their goals that they set for themselves last week. I fell a little short with the number of offers I made, but I ended up scoring a deal, so I'm OK with it. I only put out 60 signs (was supposed to put out 70), and only ran 3 days (instead of 5). I finished up the Millionaire Mind cds, which were outstanding- thanks again Kelly!

This week, my goals are: (1) Sell the deal I just got under contract (2) Put out 70 new signs to find new buyers (3) Ban myself from Facebook (and the internet) until I get all of my work accomplished for the day.

Let's hear how you guys are doing? How did you make out on last week's goals, and what are your goals for this week?

Let's all get out there and KICK SOME ASS!

P.S.
If you haven't signed up for REI 2009, there are still some spots available. Steve and Shaun are giving away all of their courses to those who attend, so if you've been considering buying any of their products, this is the perfect opportunity! Also, you can bring your spouse for free. :)

P.P.S.
If you haven't signed up on Facebook yet, I would suggest doing so. It's a great place to network- I almost put a deal together on there last week! It's a little bit addictive, though, so beware. Add me as a friend if you sign up!

12 comments:

Reesa said...

We lived in Destin for 5 years before moving to Tampa.

It's really nice up there, the beaches especially.

My goals for the week: Go to the gym every other day, find one cash buyer, go to one rei meeting.

Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph Roshard here,

Enjoy your road trip, I'm a nut when it comes to driving. I drove from Tampa to Key West and back again in a day a while ago just to see it again. My wife thought I was crazy but in my eyes it was worth it. It's so beautiful there.

Anyway, I will be rooting for you and the cute guy thing and thanks for that Flipping Homes website you are the best.

My completed Goals go as follows:

Goal #1 Find a Real Estate Agent to work with. (Completed) but to be honest I have a funny feeling about that person.

Goal #2 Lose another 5 pounds this week. (Completed I have lost 8 pounds)

Goal #3 Make ten offers on properties to wholesale.
(Completed but I haven't gotten any word back from my new Realtor

Goal #4 Earn 10k by June 18th 2009 9:00am. (I don't know if I'm on Track with this one but I'm going to keep trying)

Goal #5 Call my wife and tell her how much I love and appreciate her.
(Complete)

Okay now due to the fact that this week is a short week and I'm moving out of my current residence that is going to take up a lot of my time my Goals go as follows:

#1 Continue with your Goal to make 10k by June 18th 2009 9:00am

#2 Survive your move by the end of this week, (I don't like to move)

#3 If my Realtor is ignoring my offers then find another Realtor.

#4 Find 10 buyers to add to your buyers list.

#5 Play some softball this week to unwind.

Steph said...

Thanks Reesa :)

Roshard- glad to see that you are taking action. It is difficult in the beginning, but it gets easier as you go. You may have to go through a few realtors before you find one who will work with you, or you may find it easier to just get your own license.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the move.

Steph

Taylor said...

I didn't report back on last week's goals, but I did get my RE license packet sent off to the state (ckeck 1) and I did line up a JV partner to get my mailings paid for (check 2).

This week I am on track to:
1. Get all my follow up mailings into one spreadsheet for upload to click2mail.com for a mailing next week.
2. Prep for RE license exam. (pray for a quick test date...)
3. Get back on the phones and follow up with sellers (30 calls)
4. Mail new probates. (nearly 200)
5. Exercise 5x this week. Diet accordingly.

Good luck everybody!
Cheers,
Taylor

Steph said...

Sounds like you're moving right along, Taylor.

Good luck w the test, and thanks for checking in.

Steph

Scott Costello said...

Last weeks goal was to get to the courthouse to get probate leads. Well I happened upon the online listing of these leads from the surrogates office so I didn't go. I'll consider this Accomplished. This weeks goal is to Put that list to good use!

Steph said...

Hey Scott,

Did you end up sending that lead to the other investors? Any bites?

Steph

Shae said...

Hey Steph, I'm not familiar with Harmonic Wealth - let us know how those CDs are. I'm sure you'll get that deal sold this week! I've gotta push to get out 2 offers tomorrow since I'm going to out of town for the next few days. Next week I have to kick # of offers into the next gear. 3 per week is not enough!

Shae said...

Oh, and to Roshard...awesome work man! Losing 8 pounds in a week - very impressive.

Steph said...

Hi Shae,

I've listened to the first one, and it's really good so far. I'm looking forward to listening to it on my drive up. I'll let you know how the rest is when I get back.

Steph

P.S.
I second the thumbs up to Roshard. Nice job.

mobilehomegurl said...

Hi Steph! Destin is great, I went a few years ago - it's really nice and relaxing out there!

This week I need to make appts with contractors for some repair work that needs to be done and plan to continue with the hiking.

Enjoy your trip!

ncarey said...

>Ban myself from Facebook (and the internet) until I get all of my work accomplished for the day.

That is a great goal. One of my problems is email can be such a time warp where one e-mail leads to two others and five web pages.

I have one e-mail I want to read in the morning called the "morning minute". I have to figure how to find that without being distracted by 20 others.