Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Blast From the Past

6/19/09

I recently stumbled upon an article that I wrote last year for Trevor over at The REIBrain, and I thought I would share it with you guys.

It's basically a synopsis of my first year as a wholesaler (which was an absolute NIGHTMARE).

I know there are a lot of you out there who are dealing with frustrations in trying to get your REI business off the ground, and I just wanted to encourage everyone to keep at it. I dealt with the same frustrations and struggles, and it took a LONG time for things to finally click.

Make a commitment to yourself to keep pushing forward until you reach your desired goal. I know it isn't easy to keep going sometimes, but I promise you that your efforts will be rewarded if you persist.

Enjoy the article, and have a great weekend, Blogosphere!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Steph.

The hard work, frustration, and learning curve is something that is rarely talked about by the gurus. I think a lot of people are under the mistaken impression that if they just spend X amount of dollars on a "system" that it will be smooth sailing after that.

Most people are not willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Enjoy your weekend, Steph

Ray

Steph said...

Yeah, it's not all sunshine and roses, and the learning curve SUCKS.

But well worth the effort if you can make it through.

Thanks for stopping by,
Steph :)

Chris said...

Steph,
Good article...I think (hope) I'm now through the learning curve. It's been pretty damn rough. I went on the same 6 month stretch while being FT. Wasn't too fun.

Chris
http://www.TheIndyWholesaler.com

Steph said...

You're rockin and rollin, Chris. I'd say you definitely made it through the curve. :)

So, you did the 6 months with no deal thing, too? Good times, huh?

I'm glad for it now, but it sure sucked the big one while I was in the middle of it. Sheesh.

Steph

Chris said...

Steph,
I actually think it might have been closer to 8 months...something like from March or April 2008 to around Thanksgiving of 2008. Had another dry spell from that point until this spring. So I think I've had enough dry spells to last me for good. Beyond not fun (to put it lightly).

Chris

Unknown said...

Timely stuff Steph,

I am in month 6 right now, and besides a $2k check it has been very dry.

Mostly into short sales; have about 25 in the pipeline but not much in closings or even the houses going to foreclosures. The banks are just taking their own time with them. There are 2 or 3 that hopefully should close within the next 2 to 3 months, so things can change quickly.

Good to hear that you went and got through the period. Anything motivating gets me through to get going another day.

Sabrin

Steph said...

Hi Sabrin,

Yeah, I definitely have been through some difficult times. Thought about throwing the towel in more than once, but when it came down to it, I just refused to give up.

Keep on pushing and things will turn around for you. It usually happens when you are right about at your breaking point. Not sure why it works that way, but it does.

Keep your chin up,
Steph

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing..

Shae said...

Great article, Steph. I'm committed to keep pushing!! Only way to lose is to quit!

Alex Rodriguez said...

That was very inspiring, Steph! I'm used to any good thing in life being a fruit of hard efforts and sacrifice. I figure if you go in with realistic expectations, you're less likely to be disappointed. Having said that, I'm expecting the best wrapped up with the worst.

Scott Costello said...

Steph,

Your blog has definitely been my light so to speak. Without it I would not have known the struggles that await me and probably would not have been prepared mentally to deal with them. Still struggling here to find that first deal, but I'm patient. If it takes me 5 years, so be it.

Thanks