Subscribe to Flip This Wholesaler

TopOfBlogs

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.flipthiswholesaler.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Accountability Mondays

4/20/09

A few months ago, one of the members of my mastermind group (Shaun McCloskey) sent out an email to the group telling us about an accountability tool that he had been using with great success. Another one of the members of the group (Jerry), and I decided to take the idea and run with it. We set up a private wiki, that day, over on Wet Paint, and have been using it ever since to keep ourselves on track and accountable... each day, we both create a new page and list the tasks that we want to accomplish. Then, as we complete each task throughout the day, we go in and (X) them off of the list.

We started doing this on Feb 5th, and have kept up with it every day since. I even kept up while I was in Costa Rica... Here's my entry for 2/23:

(1) Review goals (X)

(2) Swim 20 laps (X)

(3) Work on my tan (X) (I look like a lobster).

(4) Eat a lot of good food (X)

(5) Drink a lot of margaritas (X)

(6) Get to bed before the sun comes up :) (X) barely
.................................................................................................................................................................

I've tried many times in the past to write out my to-do lists for the day, and to make myself follow through, but have always fallen short.

Having someone watching over my shoulder and holding me accountable has made a HUGE difference- I guess I don't have the discipline to get things done when no one is looking. Whatever the reason, since we started doing this back in Feb, I have been more consistent and productive than ever before.

So..... with that said, I thought I would try something a little different today, and start "Accountability Mondays" on Flip This Wholesaler. I know a lot of you have expressed that you can't find a suitable accountability partner, so I thought I would give you one...

Here's how it will work...

We'll all pick a goal to accomplish by Friday afternoon. Pick something that is challenging, yet attainable. Maybe something that you've been procrastinating for way too long. Then, report back here on Friday, and let us all know how you did. If you failed to complete your goal, come back on Monday and try it again. And again. Until you get 'er done.

For all of you bloggers out there- feel free to post a link to your blog along with your goal, so we can all check on you throughout the week to see how you are doing. This will be a great way to get some new traffic to your blog, and will give you something to write about if you are short on material. :)

So....let's hear it. What's your goal for the week?

Head on down to the comments section to see mine...

P.S.
I'm going to look like a real dumbass if I'm the only one participating, so do me a favor, and speak your mind.

P.P.S.
LaToya, I expect to see something from you, too. :)

36 comments:

Steph said...

My goal(s) for the week are to find 2 new cash buyers in the Ybor area, and also to finish the outline for the call I'm going to do with Steve Cook, that I've been procrastinating doing for the last month.

Reesa said...

First time poster, long time lurker.

My goal is to start a blog about my wholesaling journey, and to find a real estate investing club in my town, and make plans to attend.

Reesa said...

Oops, forgot to put a link to my blog: http://reesasrei.blogspot.com/

I just started it, so there's not much to it yet.

Anonymous said...

Im the same way and I want to change it baaadly. I don't have the discipline to get things done when no one is looking. Im so much more productive when Im being held accountable. Count me in.

Alright, here are mine. My goal(s) for the week are to get caught up and finish my online course Im taking(6 hours left). I also want to go to the gym at least 3 times this week.

AJ
SoCal

Brandon said...

Good idea Steph.

My goal: Make it to the gym M-F this week.

and

Find a new title company.

Christian Marie said...

My goal for this week is to force myself to stay on hold long enough to talk with a live person at my bank to refinance my mortgage.

My second goal is to continue to brainstorm with my friend/co-worker to generate at least 1 viable income generating idea.

Shae said...

Lovin' this idea, Steph. My main goal for this week is get 5 offers out the door. I've had this goal for 3 weeks now and still haven't hit my "5 offers in a week goal" yet... 2 or 3? Yep. 5? Nope. Trying again!
My blog -> www.goodfaithinvesting.com

Steph said...

Awesome.

Thanks guys/gals for sharing.

Keep 'em coming....

Chris said...

Great Idea Steph!!
Goals for the week
-Get the buyers for my 2 current deals committed with earnest money and closing dates scheduled.
-Generate 20 leads for one tier of my affiliate marketing
-Workout every other day.
-Call all my recent RE leads and make offers or referrals on each lead.

http://www.theindywholesaler.com

Steph said...

Hi Chris,

What product are you promoting for your affiliate marketing?

Tamara said...

I LIKE THIS!

Aight, my goals for Friday of this week is to FINISH my websites (not much to go) and to purchase my first list for my first direct mail campaign.

http://wholesalinfareal.blogspot.com/

Jodi Quinn said...

Boy, I guess you're safe from looking like a dumbass... :D

Alright, I'll tell you mine....

~ I am going to walk at least 8 miles by Friday.
~ I'm going to ramp up my marketing for both my buying, and for selling the deal I have.

Jodi
Check out my blog...
http://www.flipquest.blogspot.com/

Steph said...

You go Jodi!

Hey- you forgot about the notebook..

Chris said...

Steph,
Preston Ely's wholesaling stuff. If you want to sign up as an affiliate I'd love it if you'd sign up through me. Here's the link...
http://www.mcssl.com/SYS/netcart/affiliates/AffiliateSignUpForm.aspx?MerchantID=106766

Jodi Quinn said...

Oh, yeah! I'm also going to start keeping all my notes from phone calls in ONE place (notebook) instead of on the backs of random envelopes...

Steph said...

Me too.

I'll start tomorrow. :)

Jerry said...

Get two new cash buyers for Trenton.

Anonymous said...

Complete and submit four short sale packages I am working on.

Finish Scope of Work for fire damaged three family.

Matt

Check out my blog for some rehab action:
http://flippingcrazy.wordpress.com/

mobilehomegurl said...

Cool thread, Steph! Mine are:
-keep more updated on current events internationally
- do more hiking

Ingrid said...

Ok, here's mine:

Finish my back sales tax returns (oops)
Have a total of 100 items listed on Ebay
Budget for my flea market booth (new income stream)
Finish my real estate business plan

Thanks for the post, Steph! I need some accountability. :)

http://sahmrealestateinvestor.blogspot.com/

Sabrin said...

I need to get up earlier, so I am not in such a rush throughout the day. My goal is to get up at 7, eat a healthy breakfast, gym, and affirmations.

Eileen-WI said...

Great idea Steph!

Jodi, GREAT to see you around girl. Haven't heard from you in a while...

* Get out 5 more offers.
* Call For Rent signs in Lake Geneva.
* Get 2 ads in the paper for my new property under contract.
* Work out 3x/week

Check out my blog:
www.flippingwisconsin.blogspot.com

Scott Costello said...

One of my goals for this week that I posted on my blog is to...

Call 3 For Rent Signs

My blog...http://sjcostello.blogspot.com

Carey_PA said...

Great idea Steph. I was just talking to a r.e. bud and we decided we wanted to keep each other accountable and just couldn't figure out HOW to? Then she told me to go read your blog and see what you and Jerry were doing and well.....all is looking up.

Thanks for the post. Btw, my real estate goals for this friday are to put out 12 bandit signs (for sale) and to make 12 MLS offers.)

Unknown said...

Thank you Steph!
I didn't read this post until today (Wednesday), so my goal for Friday is to make 3 offers.
My blog is at
http://themaineflip.blogspot.com/
I will try to keep it updated more than once every 4 months. :)

ToyaVG said...

Good morning Steph and friends,

This week's goal is to decide what aspect of wholesaling I will focus on.

Annie said...

My goals are to officially start my wholesale investing. I've been a bit fearful to jump right in and I only need a few more pieces to go for it.
This week I will find an attorney and an investor friendly title co.

Chris said...

Annie,
Where are you located?

Annie said...

Chris,

I live in Tampa. I am looking for referrals to a title co or attorney!

Steph said...

Annie- Peer Title is THE BEST!!

813.870.1614.

Ask for Nicole or Eric.

Tell them Steph Davis sent ya. :)

Annie said...

Thanks Steph!

Leesa C. said...

Hi Steph and all,
My plans for this coming week are:
Call the section 8 list I had for 3 weeks and try and get buyers for my list, update my blog, walk with my hubby everyday, finish my REI business plan.
This is great! Thanks Steph! As usual, you rock!:)

http://momofsevenwholesalingpa.blogspot.com/
Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Eph.2:8,9
L.J. Cramer Properties

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph Roshard here,

Were friends over there on Facebook and I got you tracked on Twitter, (Don't worry I'm not a stalker lol!!) Anyway I want to get involved in Accountability Mondays with you and the rest of the bunch. I'm going to start May 11th. The reason why is because I'm not going to be around a computer, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods, (Tampa) on vacation. Monday, May 11th I will be ready to go. I'm excited.

These are my Goals for the week of May 11th:

*Start on my Wholesaling business by creating a buyers list, (I would've finished the Steve Cook's course by then) Come up with at least 5 buyers.

*Start losing a pound a day to reach my weight loss Goal of 225,
(I'm currently 244 lbs)(By May 18th at least 7 pounds lost)

*Call my wife at least 3 times that week to tell her how much I love and appreciate her.

*Meditate for 1 Hour as soon as I wake in the morning.

I know some of these Goals are tough for me but I have to try to stretch myself to see what I am made of, to go beyond what I thought was possible. Thanks for listening. MAY 11th!!!!!!!

Signed,

R

Anonymous said...

Also there is a good website out there on self discipline that I would like to share with everybody:

http://www.eruptingmind.com/cultivating-trait-self-discipline/

Self Discipline is really all it takes to achieve all of your goals.
I hope this helps. Thanks,

Sincerely,

R

Steph said...

Hi Roshard,

Glad you stopped by..

I'm going to check out that link right now- thanks.

Anonymous said...

ACCOUNTABILITY MONDAY HERE I COME

Steph Roshard here,

Tampa is BEAUTIFUL, you live in such a great place with so much sunshine. I met up with a lot of my New York friends who moved down there and had a blast!! I drove down to Miami and boy was it a different identity. Does everyone drive over 100mph there?

Anyway: =)

This is what I said I was going to do previously:

*Start on my Wholesaling business by creating a buyers list, (I would've finished the Steve Cook's course by then) Come up with at least 5 buyers.

*Start losing a pound a day to reach my weight loss Goal of 225,
(I'm currently 244 lbs)(By May 18th at least 7 pounds lost)

*Call my wife at least 3 times that week to tell her how much I love and appreciate her.

*Meditate for 1 Hour as soon as I wake in the morning.

I'm excited, time to get started. Thanks everyone.